It’s finally beginning to feel a little bit like spring around here, and the local shops are filling with beautiful fresh new-season produce.
Spring to me means an overhaul of the regular recipes I have on rotation – out with the warm and hearty, and in with the fresh and zingy!
Here’s my top 10 recipes I can’t wait to try this spring:
- The colours on this plate of rainbow roots salad are incredible! (via Beverly Hills Farms)
- Chicken doesn’t get much better than if you by it at its best in the springtime – make the most of the full flavour with this healthy chicken salad (via The Not Quite It Girls)
- Spring moussaka is one of my favourite things. This recipe is beckoning me to try it! (via Cold Garden Warm Kitchen)
- I usually equate risotto with wintery evenings at home, so I’m curious to try this creamy lemon risotto with asparagus and cremini mushrooms from the Cook Book Create blog.
- This honey ginger carrots recipe looks like a gorgeous way to jazz up the humble carrot (which usually languish at the back of my fridge!) You’ll find this recipe at Sole Food Kitchen
- Tartlets are such a lovely treat for guests at dinner parties, whether sweet or savoury. These ham and brie tartlets are a winner for my next entree (via The Cooking Bowl Daily)
- Cheesecake! Enough said. Take a look at these mini lemon curd cheesecakes at Fresh Sheet Nutrition.
- Fresh fish for a sunny Spring lunch? Try this seared cod and ratatouille from Meals by Misty
- I’ve always got good spaghetti on hand for an easy week-night dinner, and this spaghetti with pea pesto and ricotta sounds like it could be my new stand-by (via Hannah’s Favourite Things)
- … and who doesn’t love the sound of this strawberry, watermelon and rosemary martini?! Sounds like the perfect Saturday evening tipple! (via Lauren Ariza)
What recipes are you looking forward to cooking this Spring?