I love bread. Who doesn’t? I can’t quit bread, no matter how serious I am about shrinking my waistline.
When I was 15 I worked in a bakery and loved being surrounded by all manner of doughy delights: baguettes, sourdough, squat baps and fluffy sandwich loaves. There’s nothing quite like the scent of fresh baked bread, the crunch of a still-warm crust, and the steam escaping from the yeasty insides.
I’ve dabbled in pizza dough and simple rustic loaves, but I think it’s time to get serious. Here’s some recipes I’ve been thinking of trying:
- This green tomato bread is a quirky twist on a classic (via Isabelle At Home)
- You can’t beat a plain ol’ white sandwich loaf. Soft, fluffy and delicious! (via Food-Dee-Dum)
- Banana bread is amazing toasted and slathered with butter. This banana bread with pecans and dark chocolate sounds so decadent (via mondomulia)
- Full of Autumn flavours, this cream cheese and pumpkin bread is at the top of my list (via Chaotic Mind)
- I’m still working my way through this season’s courgette supply, so this Mediterranean zucchini bread will be a welcome recipe (via Allergy Bites)
- This eggplant, onion and rosemary focaccia bread would make a great accompaniment to an Italian meal (via Octavia’s Vintage)
- I’m crazy about cinnamon, so these almond cinnamon rolls really appeal (via Crunchy Tiger)
- Multigrain molasses loaf. OMG. (via Oh Dear Baker)
- These jalapeno and onion bagels will be gorgeous for my weekend breakfast, thinking of trying them today! (via Becoming Pigzilla)
- …and finally, check out the gorgeous golden crust on this easy rustic artisan bread! (via Northwest Bakestress)